Friday, January 31, 2014

Plums and peaches

We are enjoying a bumper harvest of stonefruit right now. Super juicy big plums from off our 'Louisa' trees (to the left of the basket in this photo).

Basket of fresh stonefruit and plum muffins


I made some plum and banana muffins which did not last very long at all!

We're harvesting the stonefruit daily and fortunately they are getting eaten quickly. The plums keep a lot better than peaches, which tend to go bad overnight given the chance. I just cut the bad bits out and usually add the good flesh to smoothies, or put on top of porridge for breakfast.

I will make a peach trifle soon. If I get a chance I may bottle some of the better fruit too.




3 comments:

BLD in MT said...

Those look positively mouth-watering. Both whole and as muffins.

Ockduspock said...

those look yum!

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

We are still getting loads of the peaches! Nice small size too, ideal for a little munch :-)