Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lemonade scones

Since we don't usually have store-bought lemonade on hand, I have not made this unusual scone recipe before. However I had it in mind that I would try it out soon and today was the day. Apart from just being a tasty treat for afternoon tea, scones are extremely quick and easy to make. When G is outside working in all weathers on various projects around the lifestyle farm, scones and a cuppa are just the ticket.



Anyway, the recipe I used was - 2 cups of flour, 2 tsp baking powder, about 150mls cream, and 150-200mls lemonade. Mix all together gently (add sufficient lemonade to make the dough just the right scone consistency - should form a soft dough but not sticky or wet or sloppy!). Cut out scones with floured cutter, brush with milk or egg, and bake on cold ungreased tray for about 12 mins at 190 deg C.

Also, I did not realise until today that scones should be placed on the tray so that they are touching each other in order to help each other to rise..it worked! and the scones tasted lovely especially with the homemade strawberry jam.

2 comments:

BLD in MT said...

Yum all around for the scones and the jam. I don't often have lemonade around, but if I ever do I'll have to keep this in mind!

Liz said...

Oooh now this looks like something yum to make. You should sent the recipe to Dave a the Maungie Matters.

Thanks for the share of the recipe!