Friday, July 15, 2011

Kaipara bush and beach scenes

Native palm 'Nikau'

Kauri tree

Bush scene

Detail of Kauri bark

D exploring a local beach
We dodged the showers the other day and headed out and about for a bit of walk and exploration. We found a nice bushwalk about 15 mins away from home, and saw some lovely trees. D had a great time collecting things from the forest floor.

After the bush walk we stopped by a local beach. It was lovely to get out in the fresh air, despite it being a bit chilly!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Bridget
Thanks for stopping by my site to view the strange object. I love the photos you've taken, I'm a bit of a tree lover not so long ago I took a bunch of photos of trees along the walking path I go on every day. The trees are just magnificent. Lucky you to live so close to beautiful bush and beach. Love both environments in the Winter.

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Hi Chris
Thanks for your comment.
Nice to 'meet' you :-)

IsobelleGoLightly said...

My lady fondly remembers the native bush walks there in New Zealand and the kauri trees were a favorite.

Paola said...

Thanks for that dose of Kiwi-ana. I love the Kiwi flora.