Thursday, November 13, 2008

Broccoflower and blue cheese soup

This morning I picked a couple of heads of broccoflower, which as the name suggests is of course a cross between broccoli and cauliflower.



I made the soup by gently frying a chopped onion in some olive oil, adding garlic and 1/2 tsp curry powder, then the roughly chopped broccoflower, then finally some vegetable stock* and salt and pepper. I cooked it until tender, then let it cool slightly added a good dash of cream then whizzed it with my stick blender. We ate it with some home made foccacia bread.


* I make my own vegetable stock by saving veg peelings - gradually filling a bag I keep in the freezer. When I have sufficient peelings I put these in the slow cooker with some water and leave overnight, then I strain the liquid and bottle into old cream bottles and freeze until needed.

No comments: