Thursday, July 17, 2008

Honey flapjack


This recipe is one passed down from my mother Ann, who is an excellent cook (or "cooker" as I used to call her when I was young!). We were lucky as we always had lots of home baked goodies in the biscuit tin. Many meals on the dinner table were made from produce out of her vege garden or gathered from the wild (berries, crab apples, mushrooms).

Flapjack is also dead easy to make and it tastes delicious.

100g butter
100g caster sugar
2 dessert spoons honey
150g rolled oats (I use organic)
My dish is about 20 x 20cm, the mixture needs to be spread out quite thinly to crisp up nicely.

Melt butter and honey on low heat in a saucepan.
Add sugar and oats. Stir to mix.
Spread into greased (buttered) dish.
Bake at about 160 deg C for 20mins or until golden brown.
Mark into squares when hot, then cut into squares when cold.

No comments: