Friday, July 18, 2008

Ham and spring onion muffins


This is another of Alison Holyst's recipes from her book Marvellous Muffins, actually Bacon and leek but I substituted what I had on hand.


1 1/2 cups SR flour
1 cup (100g) grated 'Tasty' cheese (strong cheddar)
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
pinch of cayenne pepper

1cup chopped leek (I used spring onions)
2 rashers bacon, cooked and chopped (I used ham)
1 egg
1 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
Cook chopped leek in 2 Tbsp water in a pan for a couple of mins.

In another bowl, mix egg with milk. Add leek/onion and bacon/ham.

Add wet ingredients to the dry, mix briefly until flour is dampened.

Spray 12 muffin pans with oil (I use a pump dispenser for olive oil as I discovered the shop bought oil sprays contain propane as a propellant!). Place about 1/4 cup of muffin mixture in each pan.

Bake for about 12mins at 200-210 deg C.

No comments: