Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pumpkin and sage risotto


I have started to chop up and process the large Banana pumpkins. Yesterday I sliced and oven baked quite a lot, to pulp and freeze in 1 cup size batches for use later in scones etc.

I also made our dinner, a pumpkin and sage risotto.

1 chopped onion, softened in olive oil, add about 1/2 dozen chopped fresh sage leaves, then about 170g risotto rice. You need about 600mls stock, add about 1/3rd to start then add about 250g finely chopped pumpkin, gradually add all the stock as the rice absorbs the liquid. Stir frequently. When done to the consistency you like (I prefer slightly al dente, my husband likes it softer) serve with grated parmesan or Romano cheese. I ran out of this so we also had some grated cheddar on top. And garnish with a few fried sage leaves.

Very tasty.

No comments: